Friday, August 12, 2011

As I Gasp

It's been a slow year. =/ I'm a little bummed about it. But hopefully with some creative thinking, I can pull it out of the slump. In the meantime, I offer some unorthodox images.

I ask for pictures of people's faces along with their statements, encouraging a reclamation of one's voice and the strength to own up to an opinion. It's not easy to do this. It's not easy to put your face next to your statement, especially if it's a hard truth, a secret, or a controversial opinion. Over time I've received a number of people who yearned to free their voices, but did not include their faces (for whatever reason). I withheld posting them, but saved them nonetheless. Today, I will post them.

Let me be clear -I am not encouraging this format by posting these pictures. I want YOUR face with YOUR voice. It's all too easy these days to be anonymous and hide behind the screen and stay in our careful, controllable little box. But, that being said, I feel I owe it to these submitters to at least share their voice. They lent me that much, and after some consideration, I have decided to allow them to speak for themselves, even if it's not quite how I had imagined.









Ironically, these are some of the rawest voices I've heard.

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF.

No comments:

Post a Comment